Have you ever considered a career in care?
If you like working with people and are interested in making a real difference to their day-to-day lives, a career in care could be for you.
Whether it’s helping people to stay physically active or supporting them with their personal care, a Care Worker’s role is to help improve the quality of life of people in need of social care services.
What skills or qualifications are needed?
Positions are available at a variety of different levels. It’s possible to become a Care Worker with very few qualifications.
What’s really essential is the ability to:
- empathise with people from a range of backgrounds and cultures
- communicate effectively
- be a strong and reliable team player.
Some care providers also encourage their employees to study for professional qualifications, enabling them to set their sights on higher-level positions within the sector.
If you’d like to find out more about vacancies in your area, please take a look at the links below:
Care Providers in Bridgend:
- 1st Grade Care – http://1stgradecare.co.uk/work-for-us/
- Allied Healthcare – https://www.alliedhealthcare.com/careers-with-us
- Crossroads – http://www.crossroadsbridgend.org.uk/recruitment/
- Care Direct – http://caredirectwales.co.uk/work-for-us/
- Eldercare – Call 01656 789 090
- Everycare – http://www.everycare.co.uk/bridgend/recruitment/
- Glamorgan Care – http://www.danygraigdca.co.uk/dca/contact-us.html
- Hafod Care Association – http://www.hafod.org.uk/work-for-us
- Reach Supported Living – http://www.reach-support.co.uk/careers/
- Serendipity – http://www.serendipitycare.com/recruitment/
- Care Cymru – https://www.sevacare.org.uk/vacancies
- Steddy Ltd- https://steddyassociates.co.uk
Care Providers in Swansea:
- Allied Healthcare – https://alliedhealthcarejobs.co.uk/
- Aylecare – www.aylecare.co.uk/care-jobs/
- Carewatch – www.carewatch.co.uk/home-care-jobs/job-search/
- Crosshands – http://crosshandshomeservices.com/careers/
- Deluxe Homecare – http://deluxehomecare.co.uk/careers/
- GRS Care Ltd – www.grscare.co.uk/careers.asp
- Home Instead – www.homeinsteadjobs.co.uk/
- i-Care – www.icaredomcare.co.uk/care-staff-wanted
- MiHomecare – www.mihomecare.com/working-with-us/job-vacancies
- Pegasus – www.pegasushomecare.co.uk/career-with-pegasus
- RSD – www.rsd.uk.com/rsdhomecare/homecare/RSDhomecare_Vacancies.html
Becoming a Social Care Personal Assistant in Neath Port Talbot:
Social Care Personal Assistants (commonly known as PAs) are employed by people who receive Direct Payments to enable them to live as independently as possible. Direct Payments are cash payments given by the Council so people can arrange and pay for their own care and support. People often use the payments to directly employ a PA to help with daily living tasks, taking part in social activities and personal care.
To find out more about the role of a PA, to view the current job vacancies in Neath Port Talbot and to complete an online application form, visit www.npt.gov.uk/pa