Information, guidance and protocols relating to COVID-19
The escalation of the COVID-19 public health emergency has called for a significant change in how the West Glamorgan Regional Partnership operates. We are working closely with our partners to redirect our resources in order to ensure support is available to those delivering vital front line services within our region. A series of themed work streams have been established to oversee the regional response and deliver key pieces of work. Their remits include the development of procedures and protocols based on guidance produced nationally and local arrangements.
This web page sets out to provide a ‘one stop shop’ for useful information, guidance and protocols relating to the COVID-19 outbreak.
NHS COVID-19 App
The NHS COVID-19 app launched on 24th September across Wales and England and is an important way to help keep Wales safe.
People in Wales are encouraged to download and use the app because the more people that do so, the more it will help reduce and manage the spread of COVID-19.
The app features are:
- Alert: lets you know the level of coronavirus risk in your postcode district
- Trace: get alerted if you’ve been near other app users who have tested
- Check-in: get alerted if you have recently visited a venue where you may have come into contact with coronavirus
- Symptoms: check if you have coronavirus symptoms and see if you need to order a free test
- Test: helps you book a test and get your result quickly
- Isolate: keep track of your self-isolation countdown and access relevant advice
It’s supporting the NHS Wales Test, Trace, Protect service and works alongside the existing manual contact tracing system.
Facilitating Hospital Discharges
- Welsh Government has issued hospital discharge guidance to health, social care, third and independent sector partners in Wales. It sets out the arrangements to manage discharge and hospital flow during the COVID-19 emergency period, and the actions that must be taken to enhance discharge arrangements and the provision of community support: https://gov.wales/hospital-discharge-service-requirements-covid-19
- Welsh Government has also announced £10m of funding to support people leaving hospital to regain their independence and live safely at home: https://gov.wales/ps10m-support-recovered-coronavirus-patients-back-home
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- There is a cross-government UK-wide plan to ensure that critical PPE is delivered to those on the frontline: https://gov.wales/coronavirus-and-personal-protective-equipment-ppe
- Public Health Wales are responsible for guidance to health professionals on managing coronavirus in Wales. This includes national guidance on infection control and PPE: https://gov.wales/public-health-wales-guidance-health-professionals
- The West Glamorgan Protocol for PPE and Infection Control for Social Care Staff and Providers can be found here.
- ‘Test, Trace, Protect’ – How to access a COVID-19 test in Swansea and Neath Port Talbot, and information on contact tracing: https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19/test-trace-protect/
- Welsh Government COVID-19 Testing Strategy (published 15th July 2020) – https://gov.wales/covid-19-testing-strategy-html
- Welsh Government guidance, services and policies regarding testing for coronavirus can be found here:
- A series of key questions and answers regarding testing has been compiled by Welsh Government and can be found here: https://gov.wales/coronavirus-covid-19-testing-your-questions
- Welsh Government has issued guidance to care providers and healthcare professionals working in care settings: https://gov.wales/care-homes-and-social-services-coronavirus
- Public Health Wales guidance and protocols for safe working practices within care homes can be found here: https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/information-for-healthcare-workers-in-wales/
- Welsh Government guidance on testing in Care homes, managing staff and residents who have tested positive for COVID-19, and reporting arrangements: https://gov.wales/care-home-testing-guidance-html
Support in the Community
Information on the community response within the West Glamorgan region can be found on the websites of our constituent Local Authorities and Councils for Voluntary Service:
- Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council – Latest coronavirus information
- Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council – ‘Safe and Well’ service
- Swansea Council – Coronavirus daily update
- Swansea Council – Help and support
- Swansea Council for Voluntary Service (SCVS) – Information for the Third Sector, volunteers and individuals
- Neath Port Talbot Council for Voluntary Service (NPTCVS) – Information for the Third Sector, volunteers and individuals
- Test, Trace, Protect – Multilingual information on Coronavirus –https://gov.wales/test-trace-protect-multilingual-information-about-coronavirus
- Public Health Wales Advice in Easy Read Formats (available on Neath Port Talbot Council webpage) – https://www.npt.gov.uk/23616
- Public Health Wales British Sign Language Resources – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLUedM8Zh2fOEXPlusHLHkpcRJGmS6lOo / https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-resources/social-media-assets/bsl-resources/bsl-english-resource-1/
- Easy Read Testing Resources – http://www.westernbay.org.uk/easy-read-testing-resources/
- Swansea Bay University Health Board’s Coronavirus web pages – https://sbuhb.nhs.wales/covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19/
These include details of temporary service changes and latest news and statements.
- Wellbeing Through Work – www.wellbeingthroughwork.org.uk/ The NHS service available for anyone who lives or works in the Swansea Bay or Bridgend areas.
- Public Health Wales’ ‘How are you feeling?’ campaign – https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/staying-well-at-home/how-are-you-feeling/ (The ‘recite me’ function on the Public Health Wales website enables users to tailor the language, view and accessibility of the pages to suit their individual requirements – https://covid.reciteme.com/nhs-well-at-home-feeling/ ).
- Welsh Government’s ‘Looking Out for Each Other’ campaign – A campaign hashtag #HomeNotAlone has been created to share advice, support and inspiration for how to look out for individuals and others safely indoors. It aims to create a community to showcase what Wales does best. Visit: https://gov.wales/safe-help
- COVID-19 Online Symptom Tracker – https://gov.wales/coronavirus-symptom-tracker-app
- Welsh Blood Service – While new regulations have required people across the UK to stay home to save lives, travelling to donate lifesaving blood is essential due to medical need. Visit: https://www.welsh-blood.org.uk/
- Public Health Wales’ Daily Statement – https://covid19-phwstatement.nhs.wales/
- Public Health Wales – https://phw.nhs.wales/topics/latest-information-on-novel-coronavirus-covid-19/
- Social distancing advice (video) – https://vimeo.com/publichealthwales/review/408373536/45dc39e443?sort=lastUserActionEventDate&direction=desc
- ADSS Cymru Weekly Update for Care Providers – https://www.adss.cymru/en/category/coronavirus-covid-19
- UK Government Publications – https://www.gov.uk/search/all?topical_events%5B%5D=coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response&order=updated-newest
- World Health Organisation (Public Advice) – www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- Welsh Government Coronavirus web page – https://gov.wales/coronavirus
- WLGA – Coronavirus web pages for all Welsh Local Authorities – www.wlga.wales/local-authorities-in-wales-coronavirus-covid-19
- National Assembly for Wales – Constituency Support (updated daily) – https://seneddresearch.blog/2020/03/17/coronavirus-constituency-support/
The West Glamorgan Regional Partnership cannot be held responsible for the content of linked websites. Inclusion on this site should not be treated as endorsement, and we cannot guarantee that all links will be active at all times.
Due to the continuous evolution of our understanding of the virus and its ongoing impact, information may become outdated and documents replaced with newer versions. Every effort will be made to review entries and update this repository with the most up to date information.
Any queries should be directed to the West Glamorgan Transformation Office via email at email@example.com